Explore the city
Nanded City is conferred a status of “Holy City” by Government of Maharashtra due to the presence of the Sachkhand Gurudwara one of the five Takhats of Sikh religion - housing the Guru Granth Sahib and last resting place of last Sikh guru Shri Guru Gobind Singhji. By virtue of the presence of Sachkand Gurudwara, Nanded has emerged as an important tourism destination center of national and international significance with over 1.5 million tourists, mainly Sikhs, from all over the world visiting Nanded every year during Holi, Baisakhi, Dussera, Diwali and Parlok Gaman of Guru. Other tourist Explore the citys of in and around Nanded include -
1. Mahur Renuka Mata Temple and Datta Shikar Temple
2. Aundha Nagnath Temple – One of the 10 jyothir lingas, situated in adjoining Hingoli District.
3. 8 Gurudwaras linked to life and history of Shri Guru Gobind Singhji
4. 330 year old Masjid of Biloli
5. Kandhar Fort, K andhar Taluka
6. Khandobha Temple in Malegaon - Known for its yatra (annual fair) where almost a million visitors come during the ten day long celebration during the month of December. This fair is famous for the huge turnover in trading of livestock (specially horses, donkeys, mules and camels), second only Pushkar in terms of the volume of trading.
7. Vishnupuri Barrage and Kaleshwar Temple
8. Art of Hottal in Degloor Taluka – A beautiful Siddeshwar Temple known for Chalukyan era architecture.
9. Nanded Fort in Nanded City